Thursday, February 6, 2020

Title Research Art of the Title

On the website 'Art of the Title' they have the openings of popular movies. They do this to show the title sequences and the importance of how it is presented. The site is designed in a way where you can scroll and see plenty of titles from movies of all genre. It also tells us the credits giving to the people for making the film. Every movie you click on, it will automatically split into nine different boxes to show different titles of that movie. The dramatic effect of the way the titles were displayed really correlated with the mood of the movie. I went on the site because I myself have a movie I have to film coming up. One of the requirements for my film is to insert the titles in the beginning or opening scene. By going on this site it will show me how to use my genre to appropriately insert my titles. What I learned on this site is that the lighting and sounds plays a major role in the opening sequence. I know the site was suppose to show how to make the title sequence look dramatic. However, the title sequence would not be as dramatic and effective if it didn't have the appropriate background music or sound. For example, if it was a horror movie title sequence, the sound in the background would be suspense or creepy music. Also the lighting would be dark or dull so that the audience can get a feeling of scariness from it. This showed me that not only do I need to have good inserts for my titles but also proper music and lighting of the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment